Network Access Requirements and Restrictions:
- 10/100 Megabit Capable Ethernet Network Interface Card with an RJ-45 connector is required.
- RJ-45 Ethernet Patch Cablefrom your computer to the wall outlet is required.
- Software Device Drivers for Windows Operating System are required for the Network Interface Card to work properly.
The following guidelines must be observed while using LancerNet:
- Student Owned Network Routers and Wireless Access Points are not permitted.
- Devices may not act as network file servers, print servers, steaming media server other provide other server-like services
- Devices may not provide network management services (including but not limited to DHCP, DNS, WINS, SNMP, Traffic Sniffing, etc.).
- Devices may not provide proxy services (such as Squid, MS-Proxy, etc.).
- Users may not download, share, serve, or otherwise distribute copyrighted material (including, but not limited to music, video, printed, or spoken media).
- Users may not conduct an online business or distribute content and/or data to the Internet from LancerNet.
- Users may not tamper or access devices belonging to others without their consent and knowledge.
- Users may not impairing or otherwise limit another student's access to the network by spamming, flooding, or other denial-of-service attacks.
For further details and information, consult the CBU Student Handbook.