General Education
The General Education curriculum consists of 45-62 units of coursework designed to provide the student with a strong and diverse academic preparation for a major and professional experiences. In addition to specific course requirements, students must complete nine (9) units designated as Interdisciplinary (I) coursework, and nine (9) units designated as Multicultural (M) coursework and in the core curriculum twelve (12) units designated as 300 and 400 level coursework. Courses which meet the Multicultural and Interdisciplinary requirements will be denoted in the course descriptions in this publication. (University Catalog)
Majors and Minors
Though a minimum of 39 upper-division units are required for graduation, some majors require less than 39 upper-division units. The additional upper-division units may be taken in the student’s major field or in other academic areas.A student may qualify for a minor by using these additional units to meet the requirements for a minor in the field of choice. Coursework for credit toward a major,minor, or emphasis must be passed with a minimum grade of C- and an overall average in the major or minor of 2.0 or higher. Certain disciplines may require a minimum grade of C (2.0) in the lower-division prerequisites also.     (University Catalog)

A number of electives may be taken from the regular university courses offered in each department. Students should plan carefully and complete their required work first. Failure to do this may cause students to take more than 124 semester units in order to graduate. (University Catalog)

Work in Residence
Students are required to complete 36 units in residence at California Baptist University. Of the 39 upper-division units required for graduation, at least 30 upper-division units must be taken in residence. (University Catalog)

Upper Division
Upper division requirements for graduation can only be fulfilled with courses at the 300 and 400 (Junior and Senior) level. Of the 39 upper-division units required for graduation, at least 30 upper-division units must be taken in residence. Lower division units cannot be used to fulfill upper division unit requirements. Upper division requirements that are varianced must be replaced by upper division electives. Students seeking substitutions and exemptions must submit an Academic Variance Form to the Office of the Registrar for approval. (University Catalog)