Free Application for Federal Student Aid


    • The FAFSA is required for state, federal, and some institutional aid.  You need to complete a new/renewal FAFSA each academic year. 
    • If you are considered a dependent student, then you will need your parent(s)' financial and demographic information to complete the application. If you are considered an independent student, then you will ONLY need you and your spouse's (if applicable) personal financial and demographic information.  
    • The FAFSA will produce an EFC (Expected Family Contribution) number. Your EFC is not the amount of money your family will have to pay for college, nor is it the amount of federal student aid you will receive. It is a number used by CBU to calculate how much financial aid you are eligible to receive.


Click Here to complete the FAFSA.

Click Here for more information on the EFC.

Click Here to complete verification online.