Award amounts listed are for students enrolling for the first time at California Baptist University in fall 2018. Click here for more info on qualifications and requirements. Please refer to previous catalogs for scholarship/grant awarding information for enrollment that began prior to fall 2018.
Trustee Scholarship - $13,500
4.0 GPA and above / 1200 SAT or 25 ACT; Maintenance GPA: 3.5
Presidential Scholarship - $12,500
3.75 - 3.99 GPA / 1100 SAT or 24 ACT; Maintenance GPA: 3.2
Dean Scholarship - $11,500
3.30 - 3.74 GPA / 1020 SAT or 21 ACT; Maintenance GPA: 3.0
Director Scholarship - $7,500
3.0 - 3.29 GPA / 990 SAT or 19 ACT; Maintenance GPA: 2.75
SAT scores listed are based on critical reading/math only. These scholarships are guaranteed if academic requirements are met. Renewable if the minimum maintenance GPA is maintained.
Transfer Gold - $9,500
3.5 GPA and above; Maintenance GPA: 3.2
Transfer Blue - $7,500
3.0 - 3.49 GPA; Maintenance GPA: 2.75
To be considered a transfer student you must have completed 24 or more units from a regionally accredited college or university. Renewable if the minimum maintenance GPA is maintained.
Must be declared major and or minor:
- Bachelors of Applied Theology (BAT) Scholarship 951-343-4248
- Engineering Scholarship 951-343-4972
- Graphic Design, Visual Art & Architecture 951-552-8733
- Journalism Scholarship 951-343-4964
- Construction Management 951-343-4972
Active participation required:
- Athletic Scholarship 951-343-4318
- Theater Scholarship 951-343-4319
- Music Scholarship 951-343-4251
- Speech/Debate Scholarship 951-343-4964
Returning students only:
- College of Health Science Scholarship 951-343-4619
- 2019-2020 Donor Scholarship Application opens in January/February and must be completed and submitted online by midnight on April 30, 2019. Scholarships will be awarded in June. You will be notified if you are a recipient via your Lancermail. You may also log into your account to check your status.
CBU Grant - up to $4,000 per year Based on financial need as determined by the FAFSA. Click here for more info about qualifications and requirements.
Ministers Kin Scholarship - up to $3,250 per year As determined by the Undergraduate Admissions office.
Multi-Sibling Scholarship - $2,000 per year For families with two or more dependent siblings enrolled in CBU’s Traditional Undergraduate Program. Click here for more info.
CBU Cal Grant B Assistance - $7,412 for the first year Only available to students who qualify for Cal Grant B.
**Remember to notify the Financial Aid Office if your number of enrolled units is changed or adjusted, as this could affect your Financial Aid award letter.**