You are not authorized to use this portlet; It is only available to users in certain roles within the portal.

Need help completing your 2023-2024 FAFSA? Schedule a meeting with a Financial Aid Technician for the assistance you need!


2023-2024 FAFSA Appointment with Brooke Gorman

Click Here

2023-2024 FAFSA Appointment with Shayda Hernandez

Click Here

2023-2024 FAFSA Appointment (Spanish Speaking)

Click Here


 Video chat and screen sharing will be available. Please login to prior to your appointment.

A student’s financial aid may be affected if the student: withdraws, drops, stop attending, is determined to have never attended, or does not begin attendance in all enrolled classes. Some of the federal aid programs this may affect are:

  • Direct Unsubsidized & Subsidized Loans
  • Direct Parent or Graduate PLUS Loans
  • Pell Grant
  • SEOG Grant
  • Cal Grant


The last date to drop a class is the date in the semester when the Financial Aid Office is required to evaluate your Federal Aid eligibility based on your enrollment status, established eligibility, and classes you began attendance in as of the last day to drop a class with a refund. If the Pell Grant or other federal aid you were awarded does not match these eligibility requirements, your award will be adjusted per federal regulations.

Please refer to the specific semester’s academic catalog to determine what the specific date the last day to drop a class is for the given semester.


Any classes added after the last day to drop a class, as determined by your first session of attendance in the current semester, will not count towards your Federal Pell Grant eligibility, regardless of the start date for the class. If you drop, withdraw from, or do not begin attendance in classes that you were registered for, your financial aid award will be adjusted. All award amounts listed on InsideCBU are subject to change.

More details regarding the attendance and withdrawal process can be found here

FAFSA - Free Application for Federal Student Aid

The FAFSA is required for state, federal, and some institutional aid.  You need to complete a new/renewal FAFSA each academic year. To fill out the FAFSA, you will need both the parents and students demographic & financial information.

The FAFSA will produce an SAI (Student Aid Index) number. Your SAI is not the amount of money your family will have to pay for college, nor is it the amount of federal student aid you will receive. It is a number used by different entities to calculate how much financial aid you are eligible to receive.

If you are selected for verification, you will need to submit additional demographic & financial information to CBU.  This will be done through "Student Forms" online. Verification is intended to improve the accuracy of the information submitted on the FAFSA.

Click Here to complete the FAFSA - The 2024-2025 FAFSA is now open!

Click Here to complete verification online

1. Financial Aid Overview

2. Financial Aid Myths

3. Dependent vs. Independent

Here are the required units for each enrollment status:


Full-Time - 12; 13-18 units

3/4 Time - 9-11 units

1/2 Time - 6-8 units


**Remember to notify the Financial Aid Office if your number of enrolled units is changed or adjusted, as this could affect your Financial Aid Offer.**


Information on Preparing for College and Paying for College


FAFSA Tips, College Checklists, Scholarship Information


First Generation Student Blog


If you are interested in Study Abroad you will first want to attend an information session.  For more information about Study Abroad click here

Only state, federal and private aid will be available - no institutional aid will be provided (CBU Grant, MKIN, merit scholarships, etc). Examples of aid that can be used towards Study Abroad: CAL Grant, Pell Grant, sub/unsub loans, PLUS Loan, and private loans.

Withdrawal from the university (all classes) during any semester, whether official or unofficial, may require the return of federal and state financial aid and state financial aid, and the reduction or loss of some institutional aid. 

A calculation will be performed to determine the amount, if any, of the Title IV aid (Pell Grant, FSEOG, Direct Loans, Perkins Loans, PLUS Loans) earned by the student for the days in which he/she attended, up to the date of withdrawal. The student is responsible for any balance owed to the university.

The official withdrawal process begins with the student contacting their Student Success Coach, Academic Advisor, or Admissions Counselor to begin the process. Ceasing to attend class without proper notification to the university will result in an unofficial withdrawal. A calculation will still be performed to determine aid earned and some aid may be returned.

More details can be found here

Office Information 
Phone: (951) 343-4236
Address: Main Campus Financial Aid Office - 8432 Magnolia Ave, Riverside, CA 92504
You may scan your documents and email them to
Main Office Hours
Monday - Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Please click here to schedule an appointment.
The Financial Aid Office is located in the Yeager Center, in room D118.
Please Direct Your General Financial Aid Questions to:
Financial Aid Advisors 
Financial Aid Counselors
NCAA Coordinator, Athletes (Baseball, Cheer, Softball, Track & Field, Water Polo, Men’s Basketball, Women’s Golf)
Danielle Wolf
NCAA Coordinator, Athletes (Dance, Soccer, Stunt, Swim & Dive, Volleyball, Wrestling, Women’s Basketball, Men’s Golf)
Counselor, Traditional Students - A-E
Tina Bos
Counselor, Traditional Students - F-L
Counselor, Traditional Students - M-R
Angelica Leon
Senior Counselor, Traditional Students - S-Z & Dream Act Students
Assistant Director of Traditional Undergraduate Students
Director of Traditional Undergraduate Program