Withdraw from the University
Complete official withdraw from the University and semester is permitted through the last day of the final examination period and is permitted only if a course has not already been completed. Students requesting full official withdraw from the University and semester must complete a Petition to Withdraw form, which is posted on this page.
See the University Catalog
for additional information regarding withdrawing from California Baptist University.
Leave of Absence
A student that needs to take a leave of absence with plans to return to the University should complete and submit a Petition for Leave of Absence. If approved, a student may leave the University for up to one semester and return at the conclusion of the leave without completing the readmit process. A denial of Leave of Absence can occur for one of the following reasons:
- University Registrar’s Clearance:
- You have been recorded as participating in at least one class during the semester requested for Leave of Absence.
- You qualified for and took a leave of absence in the past consecutive semester and cannot take a leave of absence two consecutive semesters in a row.
- You were not in attendance at CBU during the semester immediately preceding the semester requested for Leave of Absence.
- You were not in good academic standing at the end of the semester prior to your requested Leave of Absence.
- Student Accounts Clearance
- Financial Aid Clearance
- Student Services Clearance