Receiving outside scholarship or grants is a great way to reduce your balance or the amount of loans you borrow in college. Make sure scholarship information and offers you receive are legitimate; and remember that you don't have to pay to find scholarships or other financial aid. Check out Federal Student Aid's information on how to avoid scams.
CLICK HERE TO GO TO CBU'S SCHOLARSHIP STATION
Please consider the following sources:
- a high school counselor
- your library’s reference section
- foundations, religious or community organizations, local businesses, or civic groups
- organizations (including professional associations) related to your field of interest
- ethnicity-based organizations
- your employer or your parents’ employers
Also check out the following document for more information: Scholarship Helpful Hints
The $250,000 Earnest Scholarship Fund: Click here for more information on how to apply for a $5,000 scholarship.