Must have a FAFSA on file and be seeking your first bachelors degree. Pell Grant is based on enrollment status and financial need - as determined by the FAFSA. Award is up to $6,345/year. 

For more information on Pell Grant, click here.



Must have a FAFSA on file. Priority in awarding is given to incoming students with the highest need ($0 EFC). Award up to $2,000/year. Funds are limited.

For more information on the FSEOG, click here.



The Federal Work Study (FWS) Program is a federally-funded, need-based, campus-based work program designed to assist students through part-time employment on-campus or with approved off-campus sites.  Eligibility is based on a student’s financial need as determined by the results of the FAFSA.  Funding and availability is limited and not guaranteed.  FWS funds are not disbursed separately to the student, nor applied to the students account; they are included in the student’s regular paycheck. 

Once you have enrolled in classes at CBU, you can obtain an employment application from the Career Center.  Students should have their application reviewed by the Financial Aid Office for FWS eligibility before submitting the application. 

Once employment is obtained and if the student is awarded FWS, the student will be notified by the Financial Aid Office. For additional instructions on applying for an on-campus job, click here.