Skip To Content

You are here:  Academics > Study Abroad

Academic Credit and Degree Information

Academic Credit
  • Granted and approved by the Registrar's Office. Please contact Sam Cannon for questions regarding the transferability of study abroad coursework or to make an appointment.
  • A petition is not necessary to review coursework, but is required before the Office of the Registrar can register you for classes.  Petitions are available in Dr. Jeff Barnes Office (James Building 201) and must be processed prior to the trip's departure for all students.
  • Before meeting with the Office of the Registrar, please have ready information about the institution you wish to study with and course descriptions of the possible courses you wish to take. 
  • Generally, study abroad coursework is used to meet general education and elective unit requirements. We encourage all CBU students to complete their major/minor requirements here at California Baptist University.
  • A maximum of 18 units per semester may be earned for academic credit.
Impact on Degree Plan
  • Please visit the Enrollment Advising Office if you have questions about how study abroad may affect your planned graduation date.