Transfer Information and Forms
  • All courses listed on a CBU Articulation Agreement are approved for transfer by the University Registrar and do not require a Transfer Course Approval Form
  • Transfer Course Approval Forms are provided for current CBU undergraduate students seeking to take transfer work at another institution in a future semester and wanting assurance of transferability. Prospective CBU students need to contact Enrollment Services for additional transfer information.
  • Students wanting to take a course at another institution to fulfill an upper division major/minor/concentration requirement are required to complete an Academic Variance and submit to their Dean/Department Chair. The Office of the University Registrar will also check for transferability upon receipt of the variance form.
  • Once course(s) is complete, please request an official transcript be sent to the Enrollment Services Office here at CBU. Transcripts must be received in a sealed envelope and can not be stamped "Issued to Student" to be considered official.
  • See Transfer Policy for more information on CBU transfer restrictions/requirements
Athlete Concurrent Enrollment
Athletes who plan to enroll concurrently at California Baptist University and another insitution, should submit an Athlete Concurrent Enrollment Notification form.  The completed form should be submitted after completing the the transfer course approval process if applicable.

Transfer Restrictions

A maximum of 100 semester units may be accepted in transfer toward fulfilling degree requirements.Within these 100 units, no more than 30 upper division units may be transferred; no more than 70 units may be transferred from a community college. A maximum of 30 semester units is allowable from examinations (AP, CLEP,DANTES, IB).

The Office of the University Registrar will evaluate previous college work to determine its relationship to the requirements of California Baptist University. Only coursework completed with a grade of C– or better will be accepted in transfer. Lower division units and units from institutions that do not offer a baccalaureate degree will not be accepted for upper division credit. California Baptist University does not accept transfer work that was not designated as baccalaureate degree-applicable by the issuing institution.
All coursework completed at other institutions will be computed into the California Baptist University cumulative grade point average regardless of course transferability.      (University Catalog)


Transferring to CBU with an Associate's Degree?
Then make sure that you are also IGETC or CSU GE certified. All students who transfer to CBU with an IGETC or CSU GE certified Associate's Degree AND have a completed Associate's Degree before begining coursework at CBU are waived from their general education requirements except for ENG113, ENG123 and Christian Studies. Both of these certifications can be completed at a California Community College.
When ordering your official transcripts after completing your Associate's Degree, remember to ask that your IGETC or CSU GE certification be attached when sending to CBU!
IGETC - Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum
CSU GE - California State University General Education Breadth Requirements
Transcript and Records Analysts' Contact Information (divided by students' last names):
A-F:  Lisa Schell
G-N:  Carissa Kish
O-Z:  Kevin Pawley
Prospective CBU Students: Please contact your admissions counselor or the Enrollment Services Office directly at:
 Traditional Program Admission:
951-343-4212 or  
Online and Professional Studies Admission 951-343-3900 or  
The following articulation agreements are valid for Traditional Undergraduate Program only during the 2018-2019 academic year.
Check out the General Education Agreements for general education/elective courses and the Lower Division and Liberal Studies Agreements for courses specific to your major!
Online and Professional Studies students, please contact OPS Advising at
Barstow Community College
Community Christian College
Orange Coast College
San Joaquin Valley College